Tuesday 2 August 2011

Day 2 of Ramadan

Day 2


Ok, so going to the gym yesterday proved to be a disastrous idea.  But, I felt good about it.  I am glad I did it and I think I will continue to do so. 

I woke up at 4.40 am not realizing what I was doing and in a state of “WHY THE FUCK AAM I OUT OF BED?!” I thought I would use the time to engage in some consumption of water, however, being Ramadan and not wanting to leave anything to chance, I begrudgingly tipped a pint of chilled water down the drain.  How I long for even tepid water now. 

I have also come to realise that Ramadan is a time of impeccable oral hygiene.  Due to an increased risk of halitosis, I have found myself brushing my teeth 3-4 times as many times as I usually do.  I brushed 8 times during the day yesterday.  I’m going to have thee whitest teeth in the world. 

When I later awoke after having gone to bed, rather thirsty, I thought to myself

Today is going to be hellish

As I was praying I realised that this is nothing.  There are so many people out there, namely those in Iraq, Syria, Libya, African countries stricken with a plethora of adversity and so many more people who suffer greater than having no meal for a few hours. 

It provoked me to stop and stare.  I am fortunate and I realise it.  That you god, for everything you have given me. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment