Tuesday 26 April 2011

Kindle me, baby!!

















I really want a Kindle.  There are so many books that I really want to read and I have not yet got around to reading yet because I am an uncultured fuck.  A kindle would be a great way to get all he books I want without taking up too much space AND the kindle book prices are at reduced prices.  

I wouldn’t even know where to being in terms of which books to get.  There are a whole bunch of classics which you can get for free, for example Bram Stoker’s Dracula, which I have read before but I think, like every movie collection should have Shawshank Redemption, every book collection should have the original Dracula.  Speaking of books I have already read, I would definitely want to get Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.  It is one of the funniest books I have read – like laugh out loud (‘LOL’ as complete turd stains would say) funny. 

I really want to get all of J.R.R Tolkien’s books.  I have read The Hobbit before and Lord of the Rings as well but I really want to read The Similarion.  I did not realise this was supposed to be a prequel to Lord of the Rings.  I would love to read the rest as I have forgotten most of them.  The movies were exceptional at bringing it all to life but really left out a lot.  I understand that Peter Jackson is directing/producing The Hobbit and I would love to see The Similarion on the big screen if these works are anything to go by. 

I would also like to read Yes Man by Danny Wallace.  I thought the film starring Jim Carrey was really funny and the premise behind it is actually very simple yet complete genius.  I wonder if the film did the book justice as usually it is not the case.  I read How to Lose Friends and Alienate People by Toby Young and I wish I watched the film first as many thought it was good and I thought it was garbage compared to the book. 

I would also like to read the book that the movie The Rite was based on – The Rite: The Making of a Modern Exorcist.  The only good thing about that film was Anthony Hopkins and I have heard that the book is really very good. 

Another film that was made due to the success of a book was the film ‘Limitless’.  The book, The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn would be interesting as the film really had me by the balls from the get go.  It got right into it and I was sat there thinking “Woah. Imagine if…” 

The list is endless when it comes to the classics.  There are just too many books that I want to read.  Just as well the Kindle can hold up to 4000 books at any one time. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment