Tuesday 24 May 2011

My views on stuff....

I was, like most nights of my life, in the gym.  I was really into my workout when this dude from some random Eastern European country decided to come along and chastise me.  I was thinking “what in the blue fuck?!” 

His issue was that he felt my technique was off and that I was lifting too much for the bar to support.  After listening to him for about 5 minutes of him talking solid bullshit AND also, looking at him like he was a total penis – I responded to his gash by explaining that I have had to alter my technique due to my shoulder problem. 

*I have had a recurring shoulder problem in that it dislocates with too much strain*

He asked why this was and I explained it was due to my history as a very competitive rugby player.  He then made the realisation that I am a bit of a gym monkey and I do know how to hold my own.  He stepped off and I was left thinking what a first class wanker!   I don’t mind when people tell me something new that I legitimately did not know but, for someone to be arrogant enough to go up to some random dude and tell him that he is doing wrong and have a go without knowing the whole story……total dick!

I just had a really shitty weekend after having to do more work in a friend’s flat.  I have never before done any painting, tiling, plastering or putting curtains up.  I don’t mind doing all this but the fact that it would just come up out of nowhere.  It was always so spontaneous and it would take up most of a day, if not, a full weekend.  I got really riled up as I did not get to relax much during my weekend.  I got pissed off to the point that when I put up the last curtain I actually said to the guy:

“I would love to wreck your place.  If it was up to me, I would raise it to the ground.  I would set fire to your home and sit back and giggle my fuckin’ ass off.”

He was not too displeased but hey, he got hundreds, maybe even thousands of pounds of work done for free.

Speaking of the weekend – everyone has been talking non stop about the kiss shared by Rihanna and Britney Spears when they were on stage at the Billboard Music Awards Well, if you ask me one of their careers is going down the shitter.  I recall Madonna kissing shitney Spears on stage and the next day she was made out to be the worst human to have ever lived prompting Chris Crocker to make this paralysingly offensive video.  Disgusting.

Justin Bieber thanked everyone who helped him get out of his hometown.  I would usually think “what a dickhead” but, I can relate to that.  I can’t be thankful enough for being out of my hometown. 

Lady Gaga has gone a little crazy with her single releases.  She has 4 singles in the top 20 in the UK charts which is insane!  Juads – her latest song – is just the weirdest thing.  Drifting in and out of her mundane lyrics while in the gym, I think she was personifying herself as Jesus?!  I hope to God that I am reading into it completely incorrectly.  She is just a repugnant individual.  I am baffled that she has such an extreme following. 

What’s with all these feminine empowerment outlets coming from all sorts of random means?  The likes of that torrid slag Jesse J singing “Do it like a dude” (which is a song she wrote lasting an entire 3 – 4 minutes to a shitty ‘urban’ beat about how she can piss standing up) and more recently this article indicating that celebrities who have split up with their other halves have lost a lot of weight .  What about all those morbidly obese women who have never had partners?  Or what about those who got fat BECAUSE they have been dumped?  We have all heard of ‘comfort eating’!!!  It is insane.  Only those who a really well and truly insecure about themselves would go to these lengths! 

I have now been Facebookless for a month now.  It is strange because I did not even know I could do it.  After the first week or so I totally got used to not having a facebook and it is so refreshing explaining to my reasons for no longer being a part of it.  I was reminded about my lack of facebook when I was on the platform at Stockwell waiting for a train home.  There are these rather pretentious adverts entitled ‘The Londoner’ explaining some things which are attributed to the characteristics of Londoners (not saying I am a Londoner but the city has changed me).  There are specific phrases which can relate to Londoners such as:-

“Maybe it’s because you panic if you think you have lost your Oyster card.”

“Maybe because dressing down for you is undoing your top button and taking off your tie.”

One of them that reminded me of the ‘anti-facebook’ thing was

“Maybe it’s because 27% of Londoners are opinion setters.”

I know what you are probably thinking – how infuriatingly obnoxious!  When I see these I can’t help but feel the need to start a riot and fucking shit up but, I can’t help that it reminded me. 

Anyway, I was talking to a colleague of mine and she said that the idea of leaving facebook was one of the best things she has heard in the last year.  She thinks if it becomes something of a movement it could be amazing.  She said she knew somebody who was a victim of cyber-bullying through the medium of facebook.  How pathetic is it that in today’s society we use the internet, a great form of information gathering, communication, pretty much anything, for bullying?  She continued to tell me about a case which was taken to court where a factory manger in Spain looked to ban the use of facebook on worker’s phones and the judge ruled in favour of facebook… A girl in England recently passed her driving test.  She was 21 years of age.  She was in a car driving with her mother as a passenger.  She picked up her phone as she was driving….before she knew it….she had hit an elderly lady.  The elderly lady died.  The girl who was driving was updating her status on facebook. 

Not only is facebook shit, it also kills. 

And finally, Steve Coogan won a Bafta for 'The Trip'.  I was so happy for him.  I loved watching the trip and it was great how it was all ad-lib.  They were nearly not going to do the show but Michael Winterbottom 
perservered with him and Rob Brydon to do it and it was well worth it.  Well done to him and well done to the team who made it.  It was very funny.  I enjoyed it and recommend it. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment