Thursday 12 May 2011

It's that time of year again.

I love this time of year.  I love it because we have finals of different competitions to look forward to.  You may all be fully aware of by now, I’m sure, that Manchester United are playing Barcelona in the Champion’s league final.  This fixture is becoming a regular classic.  This was played out in 2009 when Lionel Messi shredded through to produce 2 goals – one of which was a header scored by the 5”6 frame of Messi! Yeah, riddle me that!!!  It was when I first saw Xavi and Inniesta completely dominate a game of football.  I say first time for me; because it was the first time I had watched Barcelona that season as I was not really that much into football at the time.  They owned the midfield in that game. 

I do not mean to discredit Manchester United’s road to the final and what they have achieved, but I can’t help but think that Barcelona’s journey to Wembley was more difficult – seeing off Arsenal, Shaktar Donetsk and Real Madrid.  I think for Barcelona those were harder games than Man U facing Lyon, Chelsea and Schalke.  Anyway, it matters not, what really matters is that game on the 28th of May at Wembley stadium.  It will be 90 minutes (maybe more) that will decide who will be the kings of Europe. 

The Heineken Cup – the rugby equivalent of the Champion’s league – will see Northampton Saints take on the mighty Leinster.  This is a tough game to call as both teams have seen off big names in the rugby world but, for the Irish province to defeat Leicester and Toulouse (current champions) to be in the final is a massive advantage for the psychology of that team and for me, they go in being the favourites to win the final.  They also have the experience of being at a European final and winning it before.  The Saints have also defeated big names and thoroughly deserve their opportunity to lift that trophy once again in over a decade.  Putting 23 points past Perpignan – a top flight French team – is no easy feat and I think Northampton Saints should be very pleased with their achievements. 

Both of these teams play with vigour, class and strength.  On their day they are both extremely entertaining to watch, they bring the flare of the French, the skill of the Irish and the strength of the English.  It is a game set up to be a close one.  For my money though, I will put it to Leinster just edging the Saints. 

In other news, Will Smith is working on yet another installment of Men in Black.  The third in this series of ‘I-am-running-out-of-money-and-my-kids-are-just-not-cutting-it-so-I-will-make-a-mediocre-movie’ has caused some New Yorkers who love Will Smith to speak out against the 16 metre long trailer he has been using to accommodate him during his time shooting the film in Manhattan.  This film is out in 2012 and I am already getting in line NOT to go and see it. 

The Apprentice has recently started back up again.  It is slightly different this year as it is not a job that is on offer, it is the opportunity to work as a business partner with ‘Lord’ Sugar as he will be providing a £250000 investment.  Interesting. 

I don’t understand how or why these people who go on do not just watch all the previous series and make a note of all the mistakes.  I have already watched two episodes of this new season and already strongly dislike Melody Hossaini.  She is so full of herself it’s offensive.  I have also seen some candidates pull off the most hysterically stupid business actions.  I have no business acumen whatsoever and I can do better than these stuck up, dick-headed douches.  I wish Lordy Shuggs would invest in me. 

I can’t wait to see the back of that asshole, Melody.  She is so intensely conceited.  I wish she would get to fuck.  Tragically, I know she will get far though because despite her cockiness she has half a brain – compared to the rest of the participants, anyway! 

I wish I was a rich muhfucka so that I can hire people to be my apprentice.  What it would generally entail is being a BIG black dude who lives in the gym and eats everything and hates everyone and has a dull opinion on the stupidest things.  Not many people realise this about big black dudes like myself but, this country was built by us and one of these days we will take everything back!  Things gonna change around here. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment