Monday 5 September 2011

Communication


The last week or so I have had my parents come by to visit me in London which was good.  It was nice to have them over and it was good to see them again but, right from the get go, it was soured.  It was due to no fault of my own but more due to other members of the family.  From what I do understand, which is very little, I think it is all down to major breakdown in communications! 

I hate more than anything being, or even seeing a situation where someone is, the middle man!  I always find things get lost in transit.  Things always get left out and then everyone gets pissed off at me.  Well fuck off! 

I have been trying so hard to stress the importance of communication.  It is the basic building block of every relationship –

  • Child to parent
  • Husband to wife
  • Brother to sister
  • To you business partner
  • Your friends

And so many more!  The thing is though, you need make sure you talk to different people differently, for example, I wouldn’t dare speak to my parents the way I would speak to my friends.  Take my father for example, he is an old school man with very disciplinarian views on everything.  He was conscripted to the army when he graduated from university in the 70s and served his country during one conflict as a military doctor.  If you say one thing out of line to him he will not hesitate to let you know that he is royally pissed off.  He is quite an intense man but, for those who really know him and know him well they all love him.

So with that said, I usually have to think long and hard about how to delicately approach my dad when I need to have a long talk with him, whereas with my mother I can speak freely.  I feel I have a good relationship with both my parents as I do communicate my standpoints and point of view regularly.  My opinions are not necessarily taken on board all the time but, of late in particular, they have been quick to turn to me for my thoughts and ideas.  It is so important to tell people your thoughts as it would be difficult for people to understand your point of view.  We are not mind readers!

Communication is so very important for everyone but, if anything else it’s always good to talk, to your nearest and dearest anyway.  There are very few people I am comfortable in the presence of with complete silence. 

Speaking of communicating; dad and I were having casual chat about world leaders as we were watching the latest news on Gaddafi (what a shithead).  Eventually I then mentioned Obama and said –

I think Obama has saved himself millions of dollars next year

What do you mean?
American people think he is the most heroic person ever now.

What makes you say that?

He caught Bin Laden….

Oh, yes.  You are right, I think on that basis he may well get his second term.  He has accomplished nothing, really. 

He actually genuinely has not accomplished anything.  But the thing about the tragic majority of Americans is that they think terror is over now!  You can probably hear the Americans from America still screaming “USA! USA! USA!” while they masturbate to the video of Bin Laden’s assassination.  Although he has achieved nothing but further fuck up America, Obama can literally address his nation in nothing but a pair of flip-flops, boxers, a bath robe with a stain of vomit on it – wielding a bottle of Black Label Johnny Walker saying

My fellow motherfuckers, I caught Bin Laden……suck my big black stuff!”
 
And he will probably still get his re-election.  Depressing. 

He can change his election slogan from "YES WE CAN!" to "FUCK YOU ALL I CAUGHT HIM!!" 
and he will still get re-elected.  

I then said to dad –

I’m glad they got that cunt!

Yeah, I swear in front of my dad!  Grow up!!

Me too.  He was such a bastard!

He swears in front of me too. 

*Mum overhears*

You should never rejoice over someone’s death!

………I would like to challenge that.  I think death is horrific and I would never go out chanting the initials of my country outside the current country’s representative’s home but……

If Kerry Katona was on fire and Jedward were there to help put the flames out and their stupid hair caught alight and then Peaches Geldof came along to pick up Jedward and used them to pat out the flames and suddenly caught ablaze herself and the entire cast of loose women, Glee and My Name Is Earl also tried to help but consequently all fell off an 18 storey building to their death and upon crashing to the ground crushed Ashley Cole and his racist ex-wife Cheryl Cole…..I would laugh and carry on with my life.  It would be tres bizarre and that would be the only reason why I would laugh.  Honest. 

Much Love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment