Thursday 8 September 2011

Kanye West and Back to the Future kicks and the awesome 90s

Everything Nike are doing just now I desperately want.  I wish Britain was not as shit as it is and would hurry up and release the latest awesome stuff that will cause me to throw money (even though I am severely lacking in)  in Nike's pockets.  Nike are set to release some really kool, retro and just different sneaks.  Check it!!

First of all - we have the Nike AirYeezy II.  You only need to look at them and think "These will be mine....oh yes!  These will be mine."  Much like Mike Myers says in Wayne's World about the guitar.  What a great fim....

Here are some pics of the Air Yeezy II sneaks.  I will drop some stacks like they hot niggaz!!



Even in it's most bland colour it looks awesome.  

I like them in Red too.  These look sweet!


My favourites so far.  These are just class.  They just look so comfortable. 

T and I were talking about Kanye West the other day.  He is just the greatest at everything.  There is nothing that Kanye West is not better than you or me at and that, my friends, is fact. 

As I was talking about Wayne's World - a early nineties film - it reminds me of other awesome films.  The Back to the Future trilogy comes to mind.  One of the very few trilogies that has stood the test of time (irony!) and still a film loved and regularly quoted by people young and old.  And guess what?!  The heroes at Nike have announced a 'self lacing' pair of sneakers which are apparently being showcased in the USA tomorrow!  Unbelieveable!  I remember being a 5 year old and seeing those trainers in Back to the Future II when Marty McFly puts them on and thinking "WOOOOAAAAHHHH!"  I am so glad I get to clutch on a tiny piece of my childhood through the medium of footwear.  Hey, I'll take it!  Just get me a pair.  Who ever buys me these : 



"This is heavy."


It's the patent! "Great Scot!"



Will never be made fun of by me ever again.  Even as a joke.  Chances are I'll be buy myself them.  I will never make fun of myself ever again.  

I oten sit and think about how terrible the last decade - 'the noughties' - were.  I just felt that the whole of the last ten years - which unfortunately included my formative years - were just year after year of unidentified load of shite ever.  We just tried to copy all the other decades which had passed.  We had no identity.  Nothing particularly defining of the last decade, except perhaps the shutter shades.  Thank you Yeezy! 


We had no real sense of new fashion unless you are one of those douchebags that try to be like Lady Gaga.  Meat is to be eaten!!! Not Worn!  "Hey, I'll dress as a burger....sellotape some lettuce on me."  Dumbdadumbdumbdumb (South Park Ref!).

Unlike the last decade, the 1990s were just awesome.  There were so many different movements in that decade, so many different forms of self expression - much to do with the direction music was taking - and it was just so incredible to see everyone taking such a badass attitude towards everything.  

It was like: 
  • My hair is greasy
  • My clothes are ripped
  • I have spots all over my face
  • I pretty much look like shit
and the answer to all these were simply "I just don't care.".

It was a great time for me growing up as I felt I witnessed so many different things.  TV was much better, films were much better and the music was just incredible.  2Pac and Biggie were still rockin' he charts as were Metallica, Iron Maiden, Oasis, Blur, The Fugees, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Jamiroquai and so many more!  All these bands and artists brought cultural diversity which in turn reflected people's character.  For example, if you were grunge and listened to Nirvana, chances are you would have longer hair, a flannel shirt and ripped jeans. 

Oasis and Blur were the sole reasons why Britpop became such a global phenomenon.  2Pac and Biggie changed the face of the hip hop and rap proficiency forever.  Radiohead were the only indie band that were able to pull off being indie and not wankers.  Most of the people who are indie nowadays - Coldplay, Mumford and Sons - would be looked at once and considered to be total fucking wankers in my local pub. 

The 1990s had everything.  I hope this decade will have much more to offer than the last decade but I can never see a decade surpassing the 1990s.  I wish my formative years were then.  I would have appreciated it so much more.

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment