Tuesday 22 March 2011

You can pay for school but you can't buy class.

I am so appalled.  I find it very aggravating that there are some extremely materialistic people in the world and you can just tell that they are the types that do not appreciate their possessions or their lifestyle because they are spoilt rotten by their parents.  Credit to their parents for working hard and paying their dues to reach the level of success they have.  I do give credit where credit is due.  However, I find it sickening when I watch things like Teen Cribs or Super Sweet 16 and you look at these kids which lead excessively privileged lifestyles and you are sat there thinking….”Oh, my God!!! I wish I was like that kid!”  Well, you would if you were a complete cunt.  Having houses with Basketball courts, Sports cafes with sports celebrity swag, movie theatres complete with 100 chairs…..(WHEN are you ever going to have 100 people over?!) is fucking ridiculous.  What’s worse is that these cuntish parents have children that demand nothing less than a sweet luxury sports car for their 16th birthday.  I’m sorry but, if you did crash and became disabled in your accident I can’t say I would care…..you shouldn’t really be driving at 16 let alone in a luxury car. 

Don’t get me wrong, I spend money on luxuries.  I dress well (I think!), have a DVD collection that I am proud of and go out to nice places, but I would never see myself looking to get a home that is more of a leisure centre for all my kid’s friends to come and have a riot.  I do come from a well off background, a nice house in a pleasant area, and nice cars but, both my parents are career people who want the best for their family which is respectful.  Despite our lifestyle we were taught to appreciate our standard of living.  I do believe in providing as best as you can for you family but within reason.  Some things – like a mansion for 2 people - are just slightly overboard in my opinion.  Am I being too overemotional? 

I guess I just feel that some money could go to better things?  Start in the property ladder.  That is something I think I would like to do if I had a ton of money!  Invest in more selfless things like; I dunno….GIVE TO JAPAN??! Well, there’s an idea, or how about any other charity from the endless list of charities in the world?  Admittedly I do not commit nearly enough selfless acts.  I do intend to be more charitable by doing what I do best….exercising!  It may not be much but it’s a start. 

Greed is a terrible thing.  The terrible thing about it is that no one seems to know when they have too much.  Lust for more and more and greed ensues.  I believe in making ends meet but, when end are met like a mother fucker, I think it’s time to consider being a little more benevolent and altruistic, especially in today’s cruel world.  It is the noble thing to do. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

1 comment:

  1. Totally understand where you're coming from. Me and Ron talked bout it last nite. There's room for luxury and helping others in their lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete