Monday 21 March 2011

Waterloo.

In the lovely Waterloo of London there are several attractions which many tourists and Londoners alike go to visit.  It is a very touristy place and it does get hysterically and infuriatingly busy – the amount of children that kept face planting my leg…..I didn’t mind at first until I started to get looks-that-could-kill from their parents.  I would have fought them but, I do have the unfair advantage of having the strength of 6 men and the combined awesomeness of the Watchmen.  So I did not.

Anyways, I met up with some friends who were interested in visiting the famous London Aquarium.  I too was very intrigued as I have always found I enjoyed watching nature shows with Sir David Attenborough.  I do enjoy nature shows as it gives a very realistic prospective as to how nature takes its course.  It is a fascinating science.  So I thought that going to the Aquarium would be the ideal way to see marine life and how they feed, adapt to their environment and even learned how the most venomous creature alive was a small puffer fish found in Australian waters.  The things that caught my eye the most were the sea turtles.  They manoeuvre with such majesty and grace – it was quite spectacular to see them.  It almost seemed as though the other creatures in the same vicinity as them had boundless respect for them.  They, along with the menacing looking sharks were very remarkable.  Apart from that…..even the stingray….were just boring.  I got bored so fast and I felt it was a total waste £16.  There is something incredibly dreary about watching fish swim around in an artificial environment.  At one point I found the effort they put into the backdrops more interesting than the wildlife!  That bad!  I do not recommend the aquarium at all!  I realised how terrible it is to actually watch nature carrying on it's own life without real purpose i.e. in the nature shows you learn a lot of things.....here I learned nothing, except how shit the aquarium is. 

We did go to the London Film Museum.  That was like a much younger, more appealing, more attractive sister – in that it was right next door to the aquarium and actually good!  It had a lot of really impressive things such as; Christian Bale’s Batman suit from ‘Batman Begins’, Superman costumes, a ‘Star Wars’ room, animation room and many more things.  It even had some original scripts used by actors and directors.  It was very much compelling seeing how these props and costumes brought films to life and it brought back many memories of movies I had seen in the past.  It is not as well advertised as the Aquarium but FAR superior. 

There are also many attractions and sites in Waterloo.  Although it is thought of as a glorified Ferris wheel – by me – The London eye is actually something I think people should try at least once, especially at night.  It is a great way to see all of the lights of London.  Also, they have an extravagant 4D experience which is meant to have the latest and best 3D technology and they also add the elements of weather like wind or rain, for example.  It is actually quite worthwhile.

Waterloo is also a famous area to check out other celebrated areas of London including, the House of Commons, Big Ben, the Thames and more interesting landmarks.  Just ignore the aquarium…..it sucks! 

Will no doubt update more about landmarks in London and enforce my opinions.  You WILL listen. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment