Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wake up, Mr. West, Mr. West, Mr. Fresh















I think Kanye West’s latest album is the dog’s bollocks! It is the shit!! It just oozes class, simplicity and after ever song and after every time I hear that album for another time I am awe struck and left stupefied as I have no idea how he was able to do better than what he has already done!

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Yeezy is an epic collection of song after song genius.  Lyrically, musically and even vocally it is just a fantastic album and it just seems so different to his previous work.  It exudes simple melodies with hard hitting, deep, powerful lyrics.  Some excellent collaborations in some of the songs as well including; Jay Z, Rhianna, Nicki Minaj, Kid Cudi, Raekwon, Bon Iver, Rick Ross, Pusha T, Prynce CY Hi, Swiss Beatz, The RZA and John Legend.

The song list for this album is:-

Dark Fantasy
Gorgeous
Power
All of the Lights Interlude
All of the Lights
Monster
So Appalled
Devil in a New Dress
Runaway
Hell of a Life
Blame Game
Lost in the World
Who Will Survive in America

(You can listen to all of these on youtube).

The whole of the album really appeals to commerce, in particular, the first half of the album.  Dark fantasy is just a great introduction to the album and it really could not be any better.  Gorgeous has a beautifully simple guitar riff but the song is just fantastic.  I can really relate to this song most on the album and it is probably my favourite.  Everything in this song just fits well like a jigsaw.  Power is just lyrical brilliance.  The music to go with it, tribal, and a great beat too.  What a song! All of the Lights is going to be the flagship hit of this album and it will be HUGE! Monster has thee meanest beat I have heard in a long time.  The lyrics are just hard hitting aggression.  Devil in a New Dress has deep, deep meaning and it is a potent song.  I like its effortless flow and it is just something you can listen to and chill and think ‘Yeah…’

The rest of the album, for me, is when Kanye West’s true emotions and feelings come to life.  Especially in Runaway and Blame Game, which are personal favourites of mine also.  Even the way West sings the Runaway radiates his sentiment and it gives me a tingling sensation as it just expresses my own desires to just leave all my troubles behind and runaway.  Blame Game is just one of the best songs on the whole album.  I’m not even going to try and describe how good it is. 

I am glad Kanye West has come back with an album as good as any….I would probably go as far as saying his best!  I have always liked Kanye West.  No matter what people say about him or no matter what he has done, he has opened my mind to a lot of different things and altered my attitude to a lot of things.  He believes himself to be ‘a soldier of culture’ and he well and truly is.  This can be seen in his art, his fashion, his persona and even the timeless fashion items which he has brought to life. 

Not only is he one of the best things to happen to music in a very long time….not only is his album one of the best I have heard in the last decade, but he never seems to have a problem in calling it like he sees it.  Although many people think Kanye West is a douche or whatever other silly cliché you may have for him, people neglect the fact that they were most definitely thinking what he is saying!  There is just one minor difference and that is – he has the balls to say it!!!

‘Ye, keep makin’ that keep makin’ that plat’num ‘n’ gold for me.’

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment