Wednesday 19 October 2011

I have sold out II

I just realised that I have sold out some more.  I recently acquired an iPhone 4S.  I used to hate everything that is apple, mainly because of the plethora of DOUCHEBAGS, that keenly support them to the point where others just get goaded.   Much like Man united fans.  I had an iPod and it was great.  It served me so very well and I used it everyday for over 4 years.  Tragically it died (deleted my 15Gb of music due to ‘bugs’).  Before it died it was only transmitting any noise from the left hand headphone.  It was a slow, agonising death for my iPod but I refuse to get rid of it.  But this is all digression.  People who think Apple is the greatest thing ever and are in your face about it worse than gay people about their sexuality, are just annoying.  Not to say gay people are annoying but those who are needlessly defensive of their sexuality are. 

So, I always said iPhones were not the best smartphones about.  I always said that there were better smartphones on the market, such as htc and Samsung phones.  How wrong I was!  I made the disastrous mistake of obtaining an htc HD2 which is a (shoddy) windows phone.  It looked good.  It was my first smartphone and it was shit.  Barely any apps, constantly crashed and I began loathing it towards the end of it’s tenure with me.  The operating system was just bullshit and I tried so hard to get it onto the android operating system to no avail. 

This, I think, was a futile stand against being one of the many millions who would get an iPhone and do nothing but rave about it.  This will be the only time I will talk about my iPhone on this blog.  It is awesome.  It has changed my expectation of what every smartphone should be.  It comes with all the standard trimmings a smartphone does; phone calls, texts, emails, internet, camera.  In addition it has the apps store, face time, an 8 Megapixel camera with HD recording and its most attractive feature – Siri (of all the links I post - I recommend you look t this one).  It is a voice activated/recognition element.  It is not first generation but it can still do with a bit more fine tuning however, you can ask it to carry out simple commands such; as schedule an appointment which it will add to your calander, reschedule – change appoint times etc, dictate a text or email and be sent to someone, make a phone call, ask about the weather and more. 

It is awesome.  Think of Siri as a butler for your phone.

I still think apple and all their die hard fans are shit, but I just want apple stuff.  They look so kool and they have really nailed the phones. 

Much love,

Jackson L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment