Friday 21 October 2011

Heroes.

I was watching Frasier yesterday as I received the whole boxset from my sister for my birthday.  It is just fantastic.  I love the humour, it is above and beyond most other itcoms I have watched like Friends.  Friends just seems like the commoner’s sitcom compared to Frasier. 

It was a Halloween special episode that actually got me wracking my brain.  In this particular episode Frasier threw a party with the theme of coming as your hero.  Frasier went as Sigmund Freud as he believes it was him who sparked such a keen interest in psychology and given it is what he does as a profession he felt he had a hand in molding his character.  Fair enough I thought.  But then, I began thinking….who is my hero?  I really do not know who my hero is.  Well, apart from my dad – cliché central – I have no real hero who has influenced me in such a way that it has defined my character or persona. 

FYI – my dad is a hero to me as his life is a remarkable story.  He has come from humble upbringings in Iraq to a very well respected cardiologist.  He took his family out of a country torn by war, he was exiled from neighbouring countries and he had to leave the Middle East, the area he has known all his life, to provide a better future for his family.  To provide the way my father has is truly heroic. 

I have sporting heroes, people I look up to when I am in need of inspiration and heroes in music but, there is no one outstanding who has made me the person I am today.  I don’t think anyway…

Who is your hero?

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment