Tuesday 22 February 2011

Yeah...thanks!

I feel as though my weekend was completely wasted doing something I really wish I did not have to do.  It was on Saturday as well so it was pretty much the only stress free day of the whole weekend, unless of course you have Monday off.  This incident really got me thinking more about certain things and I have come to realise that there are certain people who are total cunts.  Even those who are very close to you.  I may be being a little too over dramatic but this incident has had me thinking over the last few days and had it been much worse, I would have well and truly been fucked! Fucked!!

What had happened was completely my fault.  It takes a measure of a man to admit when they are wrong or have done something wrong and I am completely liable. 

I thought I dropped my keys in the car after having come back home from a quiet night out in Edgware road on Friday night.  I was searching for them and I could not see a thing, so I switched on the lights in the car and did not find them.  I later found my keys in my left coat pocket and locked the car and made my way back to the flat.  Unfortunately, I realized the next morning that I had left the lights on in the car, draining the battery.  The car engine would not start due to the dead battery.  This caused a crazy ripple that crippled my whole day.  Who would have thought it?  Something so easy to fix – jump start the car – and it took me nearly 6+ hours to do as no one was willing to help.  I had already had plans to see more of London, visit the museums (Imperial War museum and Natural History museum) as well as an Art Gallery (The National Gallery) and maybe get a spot of shopping done.  Thanks to all those who really do exhibit community spirit(!) I was unable to do any of these things. 

I tried everything. 

My first, and most obvious port of call was the local mechanic.  To say this mechanic’s garage was local would be a catastrophic under statement.  It is literally a 30 second walk from the flat.  We went there explaining that our car battery was dead and needed simple jump start.  Even if they could just supply us with the necessary equipment – jump leads – to connect the battery of our car and a car with a functional battery.  After a ten minute or so wait the manager came out and gave tremendously cuntish excuses like we don’t do jump starts, we are under staffed, we don’t have a car to take around to your street, I have a tiny knob. 
You will later understand my frustration as to why these guys really should have delivered.  It was just pathetic of them not to be able to do the decent thing to help us out a little.  We were even willing to pay!  What a father-fucking bag of shit eating faggot!

My next bright idea was to go and visit our neighbours to see if they were able to help.  The first people we went to I know would have helped had they had a set of those elusive jump leads but, unfortunately, they, like us, did not.  The rest of our neighbours did not help much either.  At least our first neighbours gave us suggestions but, the rest were just plain dismissive.  Well, thanks for your neighbourhood fortitude!  Bastards.

I then sent a text message to a family member.  They live fairly local to us.  Just a town away and we have always been quick to help them out when they are in a rut; from baby sitting to keeping their mail in order and more.  They still use our freaking garage! I also remember them saying that if we ever needed anything, they were just a call away.  Calling them on phones that just rang out as well as sending texts which have STILL not received a response!  Yeah.  Way to help us. 

We decided it was rather futile having waited for over an hour so we tried one more thing.  Our plumber.  A total stranger who had been into our home once or twice.  When I was calling him, hearing the ring ring of the telephone line and waiting for him to pick up I had the feeling of false optimism.  A feeble hope that he may be able to do something.  He picked up.  I explained the situation.  He responded with “I will be there within half an hour.  I just need to find some jump leads.”  Fucking jump leads!! 

This total hero plumber, almost as good a Mario, arrived 20 minutes later, even sooner than we expected.  He connected the car batteries and turned the ignition and literally a split second later our car battery was working and the engine was working!  He made a 20 minute journey to us for a split second and refused payment saying “Hey, shit happens!” and a mechanic could not take about 2 minutes, actually just 2 minutes, out of his day to do the decent thing!  We thanked him for his time and he said if we ever needed anything at all to call him.  What a legend!

By this point it was deep into Saturday evening and the whole day was wasted. 

It got me thinking a lot about man’s attitude to their fellow man.  It got me thinking that most people are cunts and that decent, upstanding people who do go out of their way to help others are few and far between and it is just depressing!  I was thinking that all those assholes that did not help me when I needed them do not deserve my time when they need me.  But, then I would be one of those people who just ignore those who are in need of aid, an asshole.  I was raised better than that.  I was also raised to rise above it. 

I had always, in my heart of hearts, had very little faith in humanity as, as aforementioned, this situation could have been something more threatening and I feel I would not have received any help.  This incident reaffirmed my thoughts but, I had always been quietly optimistic in that people will always find the right decorum in a given situation.  The plumber has given me hope, albeit very little. 

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment