Thursday 9 December 2010

Written in the stars.....









I am all for people looking for hope and different avenues to help make their life seem less dreary.  I do enjoy being in the presence of insanely positive people, even those who are incredibly chirpy on a mundane, dark, cold, beginning of January kind of Monday morning.  They are a real credit to our race.  How can people still find happiness in all that?!  Anyways, I digress as I so often do.  I like it when people find ways to be content and push for happiness and make things happen.  I like it when people find some medium in which they find some sort of hope.  What I do not like though is when that hope is found in something so shit…..daily horoscopes. 

I do strongly believe that the people who write them are actually taking the utter piss out of their readers.  They say ridiculously vague bullshit like:

Things will happen in you life when you go out and do things.  You may or may not like what occurs but remember this; at least you have your health….unless of course you decide to take your own life due to reading a pitifully dire attempt at predicting your immediate future. 

It then goes on to discuss generic things such as romance, finance, general wellbeing and work/academia.  This, more often than not, goes something like this:

Romance - You may or may not find yourself madly in love with someone/something.  If you are - well done.  If not - ……

Finance - You are probably not at all well off because you have picked up and read a free newspaper (The Metro) and that is just tragic.  However, if you are just a tight cunt who likes to read free newspapers and not spend money on real broadsheet newspapers that don’t sugar coat the news by saying insanely zany stuff like “In a place called abroad bad things happened.” then well done you for not being poor.  Also, keep telling those who are poor that ‘money can’t buy happiness’ as this will prevent riots.  You are probably a banker who is getting an undeserved bonus so you are a total shit and I hope you die.  Slowly. 

General wellbeing – good/bad.  It just depends. 

Work/Academia – In terms of works, please see finance.  With regards to academia, you are just awesome for being able to read this in the first place.  I am not at all trying to fill your head with hot air. 

People who read these things and actually take it seriously please, please get a life.  Find your niche in something truly inspiring.  I’m not saying you all need to be like Nelson Mandela and find words of inspiration when serving 30 odd years of your life in prison! Just find something a little more educated and something that will not patronize you. 

I had actually read three different newspapers’ horoscopes today and they were all vague, shit and extremely lame.  But, the thing that REALLY aggravated me about them was that they were all different.  They showed no consistency whatsoever.  For something that is supposedly written in the stars – surely they can’t be THAT different, can it?  Or is it one of those silly things that is just down to interpretation? 

I am a person who believes in fate.  I think everything happens for a reason.  A reason we may not like but it will happen nonetheless.  I have always thought about they why of many things and wondered how things would be if they had worked out differently.  More importantly, I would wonder how I would have turned out if things had worked out differently.....It was then I realised that with or without faith I would believe in fate, destiny or the inevitable.  Whatever you so wish to call it. 

Anyways, rant over.

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment