Wednesday 15 December 2010

Cherish her....

I remember when I first started to play Rugby I was desperate for my mum to come and watch me play like all the other players' parents would.  My dad had come once or twice but not too many times because of his working schedule. 

I remember when I would have arguments with mum about why she would never want to come and watch me play and she would always say:
I can't bare to see my baby get hurt or hurting others.

This only aggravated me further. 

I remember I had a very important semi final to play in my hometown.  I remember it attracted nearly two thousand people to come and watch us play.

I remember getting injured during that game.  I remember getting taken to the hospital by ambulance.  I remember seeing my mother's devastation.  I remember hearing my mother cry.  I remember the guilt.  I remember it outweighing all the good time I have had at Rugby. 

I remember how happy she was when she found out I was going to be OK. 

I remember saying to my mum:
After all these years of playing this game and wanting you to come and watch me....I am glad you didn't.  You made the right choice all this time. 

I remember feeling like my mum always knew and will always know best for herself and her family.  I remember forgiving my beautiful mother for this small favour she would not do for me and wish she would forgive me for any hurt I have ever caused her.  She has given me so much. 

I love you mama.

Much love,

Jackson L.

No comments:

Post a Comment